Well its finally arrived, NetWorker 7.6 SP2 with support for VADP is now GA.
I’ve got a number of posts about this coming up, but for the moment, just a quick one to say it’s here, and to list some of the published features.
It’s fair to say that existing NetWorker customers have been waiting for VADP support for a considerable time now, so its great to finally see it arrive. However without putting a damper on things I would like to suggest customers do not rush off and upgrade without reading the release notes and considering there are still a number of open escalation’s in this build which are logged for issues with VADP.
VMware: vStorage API for Data Protection (VADP)
- Integrated with vStorage API for Data Protection (VADP)
- Change block tracking (CBT) support (file-based)
- Single-step image-level backups & restores
- Support for file level recovery from Windows VMs
Flexible Single Step VM Recovery
- To the original, new, or configure a new virtual machine
- Recover the VM to the same/different vCenter, ESX Server, or ESX datastore
NetWorker VADP proxy options
- Physical or virtual servers
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003
DD Boost or Avamar Grid deduplication backups
- DD Boost on VADP Proxy with Dedicated NetWorker Storage Node
- Support for Global Encryption and Compression Directives for NTFS image and file level backups
- VMware VADP and In-Guest backups of the same UNIX/Linux based virtual machine